“SPREADING HOPE AND HELP”
At every Human Trafficking community education or awareness event there is always someone that asks, “What can I do to help?”
Those in attendance have so many varied emotions, such as anger and sadness as the issues they had never known existed becomes a reality with the presentation of the shocking material, victim survivor stories, statistics, and facts.
In MANY circumstances, the only time a Human Trafficking victim is allowed to be alone, is in the restroom. It is our goal and mission to spread hope to these precious ones by leaving Hope Soaps in as many restrooms as we possibly can. The soaps are labeled with the 24 hour Human Trafficking Hotline number, our website address.
WAYS TO BECOME A HOPEGIVER
If you would like to become a HopeGiver to distribute Hope Soaps, here are several choices for you, or your organization:
- Join our HopeGiver Teams to conduct a Hope Soap campaign. .
- Purchase Hope Soaps and distribute them in your outreach event.
- Purchase Hope Soaps for us to distribute.
- Invite Us to train your organization to set up HopeGiver Teams.
- $150.00 covers the cost of one case of 1000 bars of soap with special labels, and educational materials.
- CONTACT US to request a HOPE SOAP outreach in your city.
Human Trafficking is the 2nd leading crime in the world — including the U.S.
* There are over 1.3 million missing and runaway children in the U.S.
* If a child is not recovered within the first 48 hours, the likelihood is very high that they will be trafficked.
* 12-14 years of age is the average age of entry into “prostitution” in the U.S.
* If a person under the age of 18 is involved in commercial sex, they are being trafficked.
* If a person is over 18 and has a pimp, they are being trafficked.
* The majority of trafficking occurs in hotels and motels.
* Although there is always a demand for sex, sporting events and large events that draw a great deal of people – particularly men – increase the demand for sex-for-sale.
* Victims have a 30% higher chance of death (by murder, overdose or suicide) than the normal person.
* 77% of all adults involved in prostitution were trafficked as a child.
GIVE HONOR TO WHERE HONOR IS DUE
After we had been involved in this project for a while we found an amazing website that has been doing an expanded version of this mission for several years. SOAP. We salute them and draw much inspiration from their ministry.
Our Mission is to provide victims hope, with a number to call for help, to educate and bring awareness to communities on the reality of Human Trafficking so they may recognize the signs of trafficking, and to mobilize volunteers on a human trafficking outreach.