HOST AN EVENT
How? Host an awareness event, sports competition, fundraiser, candlelight vigil, march, movie screening, dinner, walk, run, Zumba class, etc.
Who’s in charge? You are! Gather your friends, neighbors and colleagues. Together, you can make a difference!
Where? Any venue will do – home, church, university campus, downtown plaza. Get creative!
What do you do? Gather your friends, family, colleagues, club or organization and share the facts, hand out information and challenge them to get involved by providing action steps relevant to your community. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you’ll be most effective at raising awareness by using your own gifts and talents.
A FEW IDEAS:
* Start an anti-trafficking book club. May we suggest Renting Lacy?
* Host a film screening. Movies like Chosen or Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking are excellent tools to help spread awareness. https://sharedhope.org/store/
* Plan a concert.
* Organize a human trafficking forum. Order the National Report or the Protected Innocence Challenge for audience members or speakers. https://sharedhope.org/store/
* Host a fundraiser. Your donation to The Ruth House is used to directly fund prevention, restoration and rescue efforts.
* Host a candlelight vigil or prayer gathering to pray for those impacted by sex trafficking.
* Host a friendly gathering over coffee with your closest friends.